Attractions in and around Minneapolis
- Known as the “Best of the Midwest,” check out the Minneapolis St. Paul International Film Festival.
- Bike or run around Lake Calhoun on a sunny weekend afternoon.
- Enjoy outdoor baseball in the best sports venue in the nation: Target Field.
- Take a lengthy bike ride with a bunch of friends down the Mississippi along the Grand Rounds
- Take the walking path out of Boom Island, down to St. Anthony Main, and across the Stone Arch
Bridge, following the Mississippi River back to Boom Island.
- Celebrate spring with friends over appetizers and drinks at Kieran's Irish Pub.
- De-stress with a walk at a fun park or trail.
- Peruse the artists' galleries and little shops at the Northrup King building in Minneapolis.
- Meet an artist and buy their work at Northeast Minneapolis's Art-a-Whirl weekend.
- Picnic near "Spoonbridge and Cherry" at the Minneapolis Sculpture Gardens.
- Make the pilgrimage and find a treasure at the quaint Bryn Mawr neighborhood's annual Festival
of Garage Sales.
- Catch a glimpse of blooming talent at the Children's Theatre Company, the Tony Award-winning
theater for youth.
- Canoe down Minnehaha Creek, then view the fabulous Minnehaha Falls.
- Learn Scandinavian customs and traditions in a historic mansion, the American Swedish Institute.
- Spice up your breakfast at the well-loved, Cuban-flavored Victor's 1959 Café.
- Stop to smell the flowers at the Macy's Spring Flower Show in its eighth floor auditorium at the
flagship downtown Minneapolis store.
- Fish for walleye at Lake Nokomis and Musky at Lake Calhoun.
- Window-shop and stop for a bite in the Linden Hills neighborhood.
- Learn and have fun while you're at it—take a Magical History Tour on a Segway.
- Cool off in a revamped 50s gas station at Liberty Frozen Custard.
- Line up for a May Day parade like no other on Bloomington Avenue.
- Enjoy late-night cabaret theater every Saturday night at Balls at the Southern Theater.
- Shop for locally designed clothing at Cliché, Local Motion and Design Collective.
- Stroll Uptown at the annual CARAG neighborhood garage sale.
- Ride a bike or cruise the Mt. Curve neighborhood, shaded by trees and gorgeous homes.
- Hit the juice bar for OatsCreme at the Wedge—the highest grossing food co-op in the country.
- Catch an indie film at the Lagoon Theater.
- Get a taste of Eastern European goodness at Kramarczuk's Deli in "Nordeast" Minneapolis.
- Salsa dance at Picosa on a Saturday night, with the lights of the skyline behind you.
- Be pampered for cheap at the Aveda Institute in Northeast Minneapolis.
- Break out some verse at a poetry slam at Kieran's Irish Pub.
- Eat in the kitchen at Heidi's in South Minneapolis.
- Hang around for the hysterical improv session after a performance at the Brave New Workshop.
- Ask the Lake Harriet elf a question, via note (he lives in a tree). Come back the next day to find